There are 3 ways to request repeat prescriptions:
2. On the phone
3. At the medical centre
PLEASE ONLY ORDER THE MEDICATION YOU NEED
unused medicines cost YOUR NHS money that can be invested elsewhere
This ‘once off’’ registration also gives you online access to booking appointments and a summary of your medical records.
To register: visit SAMC and bring:
- photo ID e.g. passport or driving licence, (or if you don't have photo ID, a paper copy of your driving licence), for governance and confidentiality reasons
- a completed form 23. Existing Patient - Online Services Application & Consents to additional SAMC services. We are also taking this opportunity to offer you additional services to help our communications with you
- We give you your registration ID details and you complete your registration online by clicking the icon below then clicking on REGISTER, and following the prompts
To use the system: click this icon, then either click 'Register' (as described above), or 'Sign in' when you want to request a repeat prescription.
2. On the phone (‘prescription ordering direct’ – POD)
This pilot scheme replaces the process whereby some patients requested their medication direct from their pharmacist. But any patient at SAMC may use this system.
To use the system: call 01732 375262, Monday to Friday from 08.00 to 16.00
The service is managed on behalf of SAMC by NHS West Kent Clinical Commissioning Group. Their help team has online access to SAMC records, and requested repeat prescriptions through them be sent electronically to your doctor for signing and forwarding electronically to the pharmacy where you want to collect your medication. Allow 2 full working days (not weekends/public holidays). Click here for further information
3. At SAMC
To use the system: put your white prescriptions request slip into the grey box just inside the front door of the medical centre. Allow 2 full working days (not weekends/public holidays) and then either:
- collect the prescription from the surgery (during opening hours), or
- leave a self-stamped addressed envelope at Reception team and we’ll post it back to you (allow extra time for postal delays), or
- ask us to send the completed prescription to a local pharmacy, and you can go and collect your medication (allow 4 days) (When choosing your pharmacist be aware that your choice will be changed on our records unless you advise us this is a one-off arrangement).