Vaccinations & immunisations
You will receive invitations automatically at the appropriate times. If you have any problems please contact the surgery for advice. Don't forget to bring your child's RED BOOK when you visit SAMC.
Purpose: checks and monitor growths, development and the wellbeing of children.
- It is very important for children to be immunised against childhood illnesses
- If you have any questions about immunisations please discuss with your doctor
- SAMC nurses immunise all children regardless of age
Before coming to surgery, please check the following points:
- Is your child suffering from any feverish illness? Don’t worry about a runny nose without a fever
- Does either of the child’s parents or brothers and sisters suffer from epilepsy? Epilepsy in more distant relatives is not considered a problem
- Is your child taking steroid treatment?
- Does your child suffer from any disease affecting his/her immune system?
- Does your child suffer from a severe reaction to eggs?
- Has your child suffered from a reaction to any previous immunisation injection?
If the answer to any of these questions is 'yes', then tell your Doctor and/or your Nurse.
Check whether your child is eligible for a vaccination on the Flu Clinics page.
Common illnesses and wellbeing
Guidance for parents and carers of children aged birth to 5 years, common illnesses and wellbeing
Children and drugs
How would you know if your CHILD is on DRUGS? If you are concerned speak to your doctor.
Look out for: Money problems; lying; change in their group of friends; teeth clenching; reduced motivation & trouble with school work; slurred/rapid fire speech; sudden dramatic weight loss/gain; wet lips/excessive thirst.
Childhood tooth decay
Your children might seem fine on the outside, but too much sugar can cause tooth decay and lead to the build up of harmful fat on the inside that you can't see. Fat around vital organs can cause serious disease in the future, e.g. weight gain, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, -some cancers.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.