FLU SEASON IS HERE AGAIN AND WE ARE NOW MAKING CLINICS AVAILABLE FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE ELIGIBLE.
Please use your Patient Access login, via the app or website, to book your appointment and protect yourself from Influenza. When you view the clinics you will see that each clinic name explains which patients can book into it dependent on your age. Any doubts at all please contact the surgery.
Booking your appointment online saves us and the NHS a huge amount in resource and time, but if you can’t manage this then please call us so we can book you in ourselves. We appreciate and understand it is difficult to get through on the dedicated telephone lines, but please continue to work with us as things start to gradually improve - we are trying our best to deliver as many services as we can in still very challenging times.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COVID-19 BOOSTER VACCINATION WILL BE ADMINISTERED SEPARATELY TO THE FLU VACCINE - ONCE FURTHER GUIDANCE IS ISSUED. DEDICATED CLINICS WILL BE SETUP FOR THIS.
Those eligible for NHS influenza vaccination in 2021 to 2022 are:
- children aged 2 to 15 (see below *)
- those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 50 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff employed by:
- a registered residential care or nursing home
- registered domiciliary care provider
- a voluntary managed hospice provider
- Direct Payment (personal budgets) and/or Personal Health Budgets, such as Personal Assistants.
* For children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021 please click on this link to determine if your child should be vaccinated at their school or StAMC: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/child-flu-vaccine/