Tests & Results
Purpose: To provide general consultations and examinations as appropriate, for certain age groups of patients.
Eligibility: Any patient over the age of 16 who has not attended the surgery for three years is welcome to book a health check with our nurses. If you are over 75, you will be offered a health check. Health checks are also offered to our patients that are aged between 40-74 once every five years**.
Book an appointment at Reception ** you will receive a letter from SAMC when this is due.
Phlebotomy (Blood tests)
Purpose: To take a sample of blood for laboratory testing.
Eligibility: As ordered by your GP or Practice Nurse.
Book an appointment with the Practice Nurse.
Preparation: If you are asked to have your glucose or cholesterol checked, we ask that you starve for 14-16 hours. We will ask you when booking your appointment whether this is a fasting blood test, and give advice; we will aim to book your appointment as early as possible if you are fasting.
- After your test leave at least 2-3 days before calling for results or making enquiries
- Please call after 15.00 when our telephone lines are less busy
- Give your full name, date of birth, address and date of the test
- Results are received here electronically throughout the day but the reception team cannot give them to you unless the Doctor has seen the results. So please be patient; the reception team are not clinically trained and are following a protocol set by the doctors
- If your results are normal requiring no further action, we will not normally contact you
- If your test results are abnormal and require any action a member of the reception team will contact you and pass on information from your Doctor
- Cervical cytology results (smears) will be posted to you. Please allow at least 4 weeks for these to arrive.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.