The team at St Andrews Medical Centre are committed to giving the best possible health care. The purpose of this charter is to set out the services we offer and what we expect of our patients in order to provide the best possible service.
We undertake to provide you with medical care as detailed in our contract with West Kent Primary Care Trust.
What we provide:
- You will be treated courteously, with kindness & dignity, irrespective of ethnic origin, religion, cultural beliefs, sex or age.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You will be seen by a doctor the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be seen by a doctor within 48 hours for a normal (non-urgent) consultation.
- You will be seen by your own doctor whenever possible.
- You have the right to access your health service records, subject to limitations in the law. If you require access to your notes please ask your GP in writing.
- We will try to ensure you wait no longer than 40 minutes after your appointment time before being seen. If the wait is longer, an explanation will be given.
- In the event of a doctor having to deal with an emergency you will be informed and be offered a new consultation if appropriate.
- If you have a medical condition that requires a repeat script it will be ready for you to collect within two working days of your request.
- Urgent home visits will be carried out or telephone advice given on the day of the request.
- The surgery will remain clean and well decorated and your privacy will always be respected.
- Facilities for disabled patients will always be available and additional assistance will be given if required.
- You will be referred to a Specialist if your GP thinks it necessary and referred for a second opinion if you and your doctor think it is desirable.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
What we expect of our patients:
- Endeavour to always treat the staff with respect and in a friendly manner.
- Please understand that it is not the receptionists fault if the doctor is delayed.
- Please do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Please notify the Practice in good time if you are unable to keep an appointment. This can then be offered to another patient.
- Please notify the practice of any change of address or telephone number. This information could be vital in an emergency.
- Please arrive on time for an appointment.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend the surgery.
- Use the dedicated POD phone line or online system to request your repeat prescription whenever possible and make requests in good time and in writing.
- Please attend for review, when asked, before your next prescription is due.Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you.
- We would, of course, be pleased to hear from you when you feel praise is due as well.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.