This Practice has a zero tolerance policy with regards to violent/abusive patients
We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and expect our patients to treat our staff in a similar manner. We take seriously any threatening, abusive or violent behaviour against any of our staff or patients. If a patient is violent or abusive, they will be warned to stop their behaviour. If they persist we may exercise our right to take action to have them removed, immediately if necessary from the surgery and from our patient list.
Patient removal from the practice list
Situations which justify removal from the practice list are when a patient:
- Is physically violent or threatening towards a doctor, practice staff or other patients on the premises.
- Causes physical damage to practice premises or other patient’s property.
- Gives verbal abuse or makes threats towards a doctor, practice staff or other patients.
- Gives racist abuse, orally or physically.
- Is violent or condones threatening behaviour to doctors (or some other members of the primary health care team) while visiting the patient’s home. Such behaviour may involve the patient, a relative or household member.
- Theft from the surgery premises or of surgery property
- Persistantly misses appointments without advising SAMC in a timely fashion.