Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
Walk-in clinics - these have now finished for 2018/9
You may still book an appointment by phoning Reception after 3.00pm.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.
Children and flu
Click for a chart to see whether your child is eligible.
If you are suffering from flu-like symptoms
- Please DON'T come into the surgery, unless specifically requested to do so by your GP
- If you need immediate advice ring NHS 111 (dial 1-1-1)
- Alternatively phone your Doctor telephone) if:
- you have a serious underlying illness
- you are pregnant
- you have a sick child under one year old
- you or your child’s condition suddenly gets much worse
- your condition is getting worse after 7 days (5 for a child)
High temperature (38c or over) plus 2 or more of the following
- Excessive tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Severe nasal congestion
- Muscle aches and pains
- Sore throats
- Vomiting and diarrhea
Help to avoid passing flu on
- Avoid contact with other people as much as possible
- Cover your nose/mouth when sneezing/coughing – use tissues and dispose of promptly and carefully
- Maintain good hygiene by washing hands frequently with soap to reduce the spread of virus
- Clean hard surfaces (e.g. door handles) frequently
- Make sure that your children follow this advice
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.